- Health Emergency Lifeline Programs- Corktown Health Center | Patrick Yankee
- LGBT Detroit | Curtis Lipscomb
- Wellness Services, Inc. | Stevi Atkins and Teresa Springer
YPSILANTI & DETROIT
- Unified - HIV Health and Beyond (Formerly HARC and APM) | Jimena Loveluck and Akilah Benton
Rama Yisrael Arjita
Youth Advisory Board
Created and maintained a LGBTQ+ Youth Advisory Board (YAB) to inform and support with intervention activities.
Developed the Health Access Initiative (HAI) which is being implemented in 10 health centers and clinics in the region
As part of the HAI, implemented 10 online and onsite trainings on LGBTQ+ cultural humility practices, patient-centered care, and sexual health.
As part of the HAI, distributed resources and provided technical assistance to health centers and clinics to improve the services, programs, and environment for LGBTQ+ youth.
Developed MFierce.org as a resource website for organizations, clinics, and health centers who engage with or serve LGBTQ+ youth.
YAB members completed 26 advocacy, public health, and professional development trainings.
The MFierce YAB have presented at 10 different conferences and panels including the:
Trans National Health Conference
Great Lakes Chapter of Society of Public Health Educators Conference
National Conference on Adolescent Health
Michigan Primary Care Association LGBTQ Health Summit
• Increase awareness about HIV/STI disparities in the community,
• Promote collaborations between multiple sectors and identifying new opportunities for STI prevention and care service delivery, and
• Create equitable access to HIV/STI sites by aiding young, gay, and bisexual men and trans women (YGBMTW) access culturally humble and sensitive services.
Michigan Forward in Enhancing Research and Community Equity (MFierce) is a 3-year project funded by the CDC Community Approaches to Reducing Sexually Transmitted Diseases (CARS) initiative. The Coalition is comprised of staff from the Center for Sexuality and Health Disparities, a LGBTQ+ Youth Advisory Board, and a Steering Committee. MFierce has three goals: